As hard as it is to admit, sometimes I choose to have a bad attitude. “Why?”, you ask. I ask myself that same question. Actually, I think I’ll answer that question in this post.
I occasionally find myself having a less-than-attractive attitude for these reasons:
1) I allow circumstances to affect me.
2) I don’t want my husband to be right when he corrects me.
3) I haven’t spent enough time with the Lord.
4) I am envious of what others have.
5) I think that I’ve worked too hard to not have arrived at a ‘better’ place in life by now.
This is my area of “becoming” right now. I’m working hard to get myself in a position to be able to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
Romans 14:17-19 (New Living Translation) “For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God. And other people will approve of you, too. So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up.”
In what area are you “becoming”?