I have allowed busyness to occasionally hinder me from maintaining my friendships. Admitting that makes me sad, but it’s the truth. A good friend is extremely valuable and they should be reminded of that often. Here is what I think a good friend looks like:
- A good friend knows how to love. I believe part of loving is wanting good to come to another person. Love is also concerned and willing to work for another person’s benefit.
- Respect is a key to good friendships. If you respect someone, you look up to them or hold them in high esteem.
- A good friend will generally be pleasant, not unnecessarily dramatic.
- Accountability is of utmost importance in a strong friendship. The friends in your inner circle should challenge you to grow and excel.
- A good friend knows how to enjoy life and encourages you to do the same.
To all of my good friends: thank you for the love, respect, pleasantness, accountability, and smiles. I love and appreciate you very much. I am a better person because of each one of you. I will strive to do better at encouraging you and reminding you how valuable you are to me.